Sunday, January 3, 2010

Confucius from the Heart - Yu Dan


In all honesty, as a Chinese, I have heard lots on Confucius. All I know is, he was a very wise man who lived during ancient times.
I kept procrastinating reading his books, as I find them too 'deep'
A few days ago, I picked up this book, and browsed through it. Doesnt look that bad. And indeed it wasnt too bad.
Finished it in a few hours. Thank Goodness, the author interpreted most of Confucius works and makes 'reading-between-the-lines' simplified.
What I learnt from this book
- conquer yourself first (meaning, find inner peace), then conquer the world
- nothing has meaning to it, until you attach meaning to it
- dont be attached to anything. nothing is permanent
- there are friends for different seasons of life

No comments:

Post a Comment